Personal Injury Hotline: (817) 505-0999
18 Wheeler Accidents
18-Wheeler Accidents Are Often Caused By The Truck Operator’s Negligence
Unfortunately, accidents involving 18-Wheeler Trucks are becomming an increasing hazard on our roadways. Unfortunately, deregulation of the trucking industry, combined with economic pressures has caused trucking companies and big rig drivers to sometimes act negligently, without regard to the safety of those they share the road with.
- One out of every eight accident fatalities on the road is a truck or 18-wheeler accident.
- Tractor-trailers may weigh 90 tons or more including their cargo, making them an unstoppable force if they get out of control.
- Truck drivers may be inclined to violate trucking speed limits
- Drive for long hours at a time without sleep
- Abuse stimulants in an attempt to stay awake
- Pull an unsafe load of cargo.
Each of these negligent behaviors endangers everyone sharing the road with them. Tractor-trailers, which experience high mileage and almost nonstop abuse on the road, may not be properly inspected and maintained. Truckers driving with improperly inflated tires can cause dangerous trucking tire blowouts.
While there are laws that protect us from negligent truck drivers and companies, investigating the accident and demonstrating that negligence requires aggressive action from an experienced truck accident lawyer. At the Jim Ross Law Group we work aggressively with victims of 18-wheeler accidents to pursue settlements that can help to right preventable wrongs.